Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Happy Find at the MOMA


Herbert Ferber, Portrait of D.H. II, 1948

Yesterday (Friday 10/1) I went on a field trip to the Moma with my Seminar in Sculpture class.  While there I discovered the work of Herbert Ferber, who is probably my new favorite artist now.  He had two identities: dentist and abstract expressionist painter and sculptor.  Also in the same room where works by Louise Bourgeois that I thought were fantastic and appropriately placed near Ferber’s work.  Here are a few photos of Ferber's work, which I will put in my studio. 



Herbert Ferber, Study for the Flood, 1956.
  
Herbert Ferber, The Flood, 1956.


 These photos are from artstor.org and The Jewish Mueseum.  I am going to have to go back to the MOMA to photograph his work since there is not a good selection of work when looking on the internet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment